YOU GUYS. i posted on the weekend about a lovely tart that i had made and a long rant about the weather and IT DISAPPEARED. i mean, i probably deserved it because my whining about this winter is completely unfounded, especially when my home town looks like this:
but add about 10 more feet of snow (not joking). those pictures were taken at christmas when they had finally just gotten a dusting, and this evening i saw a photo of my yard back home and the snow now is as tall as our garage. needless to say, that shut me up pretty quickly.
so, since i have to re-write my post about this delicious tart, in the interim i’m going to leave you with some recipes i have been longing to make – enjoy!
• first is every.single.recipe in prune by gabrielle hamilton. i want to do an extensive post on this cookbook as soon as i’m done reading all 567 pages of it (i’m about halfway through since i’ve been reading and re-reading every page), but just as her memoir did, this book has really moved me.
• this coconut pound cake from food52 // because i’m obsessed with coconut everything.
• this date and walnut cream cheese from flourishing foodie // because dates are basically candy to me.
• everything and anything italian, obviously, but very much this agrodolce sauce from over at bon appetit // because i’ve never heard about it before and that squash is making my mouth water.
• i’m really having a thing for pancakes lately // cornmeal pancakes from food & wine, ricotta pancakes from imma eat that (best blog name), and i’ve been really interested in socca lately – check out this tutorial from the kitchn
i also think that you should be aware that it is “national have a brownie day” on february 10th which is extremely important! that’s all for now, bye! xo